German Patent Attorney, European Trademark and Design Attorney
Technical areas of expertise:
- Data protocols and bus systems
- Electronic circuitry
- Mobile communications
- Radio frequency circuitry
- Patent drafting, opposition proceedings
- Participating in patent litigation
- Jörg Kohlschmidt joined Braun-Dullaeus Pannen Emmerling (BDPE) in 2019.
- Previously he worked at Prüfer & Partner in the area of patent litigation.
- Before that he also gained experience in the prosecution of EPC and PCT patent applications in the area of mobile communications.
- Prior to becoming a patent attorney, Jörg Kohlschmidt worked as development and systems engineer at mobile phone and semiconductor manufactures for more than 15 years. One focus of his work was digital signal processing and its implementation on digital signal processors and FPGA.
- He is also experienced in higher layer communication protocols and network functionality.
- He holds an engineering degree from the University of Rostock in the fields of electrical engineering and telecommunications.
- German Chamber of Patent Attorneys
University of Rostock