Dr. Matthias Erdmann
Dr. rer. nat., Dipl.-Phys. (Univ.)
German Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney, European Trademark and Design Attorney
Technical areas of expertise:
- Medical technologies
- Automotive engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Optical technologies
- IT- and telecommunication
- Patent litigation and enforcement of patents and utility models.
- Advising clients in infringement proceedings.
- Representating clients in opposition and nullity proceedings before the European Patent Office, the German Patent Office, the Federal Patent Court and the Federal Court of Justice.
- Extensive experience in drafting patent applications and prosecuting grant procedures.
- Since July 2019, Matthias Erdmann has been a partner in the law firm Braun-Dullaeus Pannen Emmerling (BDPE).
- Prior to this, he was a partner at Betten & Resch.
- He studied physics and completed his PhD at the LMU Munich and at the Center for NanoScience (CeNS).
- epi – European Patent Institute
- FICPI – International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- German Chamber of Patent Attorneys