Dr. Karl-Ulrich Braun-Dullaeus
Dr. rer. nat., Dipl.-Phys. (Univ.)
German Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney, European Trademark and Design Attorney
Technical areas of expertise:
- Automotive engineering
- Electrical engineering
- IT- and telecommunication
- Mechanical engineering
- Medical engineering
- Extensive 15-year experience in patent litigation.
- Successful assistance of large telecommunications companies in defending them against infringement allegations.
- Extensive attacks on the legal validity of patents asserted in patent litigation.
- Drafting, filing and supervising IP applications up to granting.
- Representation of clients before the German Patent Office (DPMA), the Federal Patent Court (BPatG), the European Patent Office (EPO), the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM) and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
- Dr. Karl-Ulrich Braun-Dullaeus has been equity partner at Braun-Dullaeus Pannen Emmerling (BDPE), Düsseldorf, since 2019.
- He started his own business with colleagues in 2002.
- After his training in intellectual property law, he was admitted to practice both as a German and European patent attorney. He has been a patent attorney since 1998.
- He worked as a physicist in applied nuclear physics, semiconductor and solid-state physics, physical oceanography and medical physics until 1994.
- He studied physics at Heidelberg University and obtained a doctorate at the Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics.
- Highly recommended patent attorney, “Top Anwalt 2018”, Wirtschaftswoche, issue 52/2018
- Highly recommended patent law firm Braun-Dullaeus Pannen, “Top Anwalt 2018”, Wirtschaftswoche, issue 52/2018
- Another setback for Intellectual Ventures, www.juve-patent.com, August 30, 2018
- Einigung im Patentstreit: Nokia und HTC finden Lösung mit Stammberatern, www.juve.de, February 11, 2014
- Künftig gemeinsam: IPCom und Deutsche Telekom beenden mit Stammberatern weltweiten Patentstreit, www.juve.de, June 21, 2013
- Patentstreit: Lovells und Reimann Osterrieth erringen Teilerfolg für BlackBerry-Hersteller und T-Mobile, www.juve.de, February 9, 2006
- epi – European Patent Institute
- FICPI – International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys
- German Chamber of Patent Attorneys
Max Planck Institute for Nuclear Physics